Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Sunday 8 January 2017

Nuthatches, Marsh Tits and my 'Year list 2017!

It occurred to me earlier in the week that I hadn't done a 'Year List' of the birds I'd seen for quite a few years. It had always given me pleasure before, so, as it was early in 2017 I decided to do one again for this year!
  Then I had the idea, I could do a Photographic year list and include it in this blog! :)
So I've created a new page which you can see HERE
  I will post a photo of as many of the birds I see this year in it, just one photo of each species, which I will update frequently. If I get a better photo of a species I will replace the one already posted!
  If I'm not happy with any pics, I will just include the sighting, and hopefully add a photo of it as and when I get one!
   So far my year list is on 50 species, but I haven't gone far in search of birds yet, just a couple of visits to RSPB Greylake and a drive through Tadham Moor, both in Somerset.
   I did stop briefly at RSPB Swell Wood as I was passing this week as I knew it was a great place to add Nuthatch and Marsh Tit to my list, and they both duly showed in the car-park, and I got pics too, despite the terrible light!
  I will look forward to adding more pics and sightings as I see them. :)

Below are some of the pics I've taken in the last week;



^Above^ - Nuthatches at RSPB Swell Wood.





^Above^ - Marsh Tits at Swell Wood.



^Above^ - Long Tailed Tit at Swell Wood.




^Above^ - Great Tits at Swell Wood.






^Above^ - Coal Tits at Swell Wood.










^Above^ - Blue Tits at Swell Wood.


^Above^ - Robin at Swell Wood.


^Above^ - Chaffinch at Swell Wood.


^Above^ - Dunnock at Uphill, North Somerset.


^Above^ - Magpie at Uphill.




^Above^ - Song Thrush at Tadham Moor.



^Above^ - Redwings at Tadham Moor.


^Above^ - Blackbird at Tadham Moor.











^Above^ - Stonechats at Tadham Moor.


^Above^ - Mute Swan at Tadham Moor.


^Above^ - Inquisitive Cows at Tadham Moor.




^Above^ - Buzzard at RSPB Greylake....it's caught a leaf!!!





^Above^ - 'This ride's going nowhere!! Carrion Crow on Sheep at Greylake.


^Above^ - Lapwing amongst the Sheep at Greylake.


^Above^ - Blue Tit at Greylake.



^Above^ - Reed Buntings at Greylake.




^Above^ - Robins at Greylake.




^Above^ - Wren at Greylake.


^Above^ - Pied Wagtail at Greylake.


^Above^ - Dunnock at Greylake.




^Above^ - Marsh Harriers at Greylake.


^Above^ - Shoveler and Teal on the ice at Greylake.





^Above^ - Pintails at Greylake.




^Above^ - Mute Swan at Greylake.


^Above^ - Female Mallard at Greylake.




^Above^ - Wigeon at Greylake.


^Above^ - Shoveler at Greylake.


^Above^ - Teal at Greylake.


^Above^ - Wigeon and Teal at Greylake.







^Above^ - Snipe at Greylake....there are hundreds there now!


^Above^ - Raven at Greylake.


^Above^ - Blackbird in my Somerset garden.


^Above^ - Great Spotted Woodpecker in my Somerset garden.

If you are on Facebook, please 'Like' my nature page and say hello here;

https://www.facebook.com/CarlBovisNaturePhotography/

Until next time! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment