Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Saturday 6 April 2019

Great Crested Grebes, Song Thrush and my pics on display at Clavelshay Barn!

It's been a month since my last post and there's been a lot going on in my life, from annoying and painful wisdom tooth removals, to bullying dramas for one of my daughters at her secondary school. (She was the victim, not the bully!)

  There was a visit from an old school friend and his wife, Gary and Lisa Piggott, from when I lived in Kent, someone I'd not seen in 20 years! We spent 4 fantastic days catching up and visiting places like Glastonbury Tor and Charmouth in Dorset, where Kate Winslet was shooting a new movie!
   
   I've also had some greeting and note cards printed using my images, which have been quite popular, plus I have started displaying my framed pictures at the award winning restaurant 'Clavelshay Barn' near North Petherton, Somerset, at the request of Sue, the owner. My bird photos fitted in so well with the stone walls of the beautiful converted barn, and I hope the diners enjoy viewing them as they tuck into the delicious food that Clavelshay Barn is famous for!

Read more about Clavershay Barn on their website here;

http://www.clavelshaybarn.co.uk/

So without further ado, and because I'm rather busy right now, I'll get on with the photos taken during the last 4 weeks, including a first Song Thrush in my Somerset garden for at least 10 years, Great Crested Grebes at Apex Park in Burnham on Sea, and lots, lots more! :)





^Above^ - Me with my pictures on display at Clavelshay Barn! :)




^Above^ - Song Thrush in my garden...I was thrilled to see one there for the first time in 10 years! :D







^Above^ - Goldfinches on the flowering cherry in my garden.




^Above^ - Woodpigeons in my garden.


^Above^ - Greenfinch in my garden.






^Above^ - Collared Doves in my garden.


^Above^ - Male Sparrowhawk in my garden.... actually taken by my other half whilst I was at work, and edited by me.





^Above^ - Jackdaws at Gurney Slade in Somerset.



^Above^ - Stock Doves near Middlezoy in Somerset.




^Above^ - Long Tailed Tit collecting nesting material at Cheddar reservoir in Somerset.



















^Above^ - Beautiful Male Mandarin at Cheddar reservoir (with a Mallard, bottom pic).


^Above^ - Pied Wagtail at Cheddar reservoir.



^Above^ - Great Crested Grebes at Cheddar reservoir.


^Above^ - Robin at Cheddar reservoir.




^Above^ - Magpies at Apex Park in Burnham on Sea.


^Above^ - Greenfinch at Apex Park.






































^Above^ - Great Crested Grebes at Apex Park.





^Above^ - Black Headed Gull with fish, chased off by a Great Crested Grebe at Apex Park.





^Above^ - Cormorants at Apex Park.


^Above^ - Collared Dove at Apex Park.





^Above^ - Woodpigeons at Apex Park.


^Above^ - Canada Goose at Apex Park.


^Above^ - Carrion Crow and raided egg at Apex Park!






^Above^ - Herring Gulls at Apex Park. (With Grey Heron, bottom 2 pics)








^Above^ - Grey Heron at Apex Park.


^Above^ - Feral Pigeon at Apex Park.




^Above^ - Lesser Black Back Gulls at Apex Park.







^Above^ - Mallards at Apex Park.


^Above^ - Mute Swan at Apex Park.







^Above^ - Rock Pipits at Charmouth in Dorset. The top pic shows a bird with deformed diseased feet, the bottom 4 pics shows a bird enjoying a slide down a hand rail! :D




^Above^ - Stonechats at Charmouth.




^Above^ - Cormorant at Charmouth.


^Above^ - Black Headed Gull after a fly at Charmouth.


^Above^ - Pied Wagtail after a fly at Charmouth.




^Above^ - Blackbird in my Somerset village.



^Above^ - Cattle Egrets in my village.







^Above^ - Jackdaws collecting hair off cattle in my village!





^Above^ - Blackbirds in my garden.






^Above^ - Male Pheasant at Tealham and Tadham Moor in Somerset.


^Above^ - Distant group of Grey Herons at Tealham and Tadham Moor.



^Above^ - Rabbits in my village.



^Above^ - Little Egret at RSPB Greylake in Somerset.


^Above^ - Lapwings at Greylake...the bottom one has a strange tail!




^Above^ - Teal at Greylake.




^Above^ - Wigeon at Greylake (With a Shoveler and Teal in the bottom pic).



^Above^ - Shovelers at Greylake.


^Above^ - Moorhen at Greylake.


^Above^ - Stock Dove at Greylake.


^Above^ - Great White Egret at Greylake.





^Above^ - Chaffinches at Greylake.









^Above^ - Male Chaffinch seeing off House Sparrows at Greylake.




^Above^ - Handsome Male Reed Buntings at Greylake.





^Above^ - Wren hunting Spiders at Greylake.



^Above^ - 'Broke-beak' the Robin still going strong at Greylake! :)


^Above^ - Another Robin at Greylake.








^Above^ - Dunnocks at Greylake.




^Above^ - Great Tits at Greylake.





^Above^ - House Sparrows at Greylake.




^Above^ - Bumble Bee at Greylake.



^Above^ - Jackdaws at Glastonbury Tor in Somerset.


^Above^ - Painted Lady Butterfly at Glastonbury Tor.



^Above^ - Male Blackcap at RSPB Ham Wall in Somerset.




^Above^ - Cetti's Warbler at Ham Wall.


^Above^ - Chasing Robins at Ham Wall.



^Above^ - Singing Blue Tit at Bridgwater in Somerset.


^Above^ - Jackdaw in my village.


^Above^ - Goldfinch in my village.




^Above^ - Backlit Daffodils in my village.


^Above^ - Perewinkle at Glastonbury.


^Above^ - Daffodils at Apex Park.




^Above^ - Cows and calves in my village.





^Above^ - Newly born Lamb near Mark in Somerset, getting a little lost looking for milk!!





^Above^ - Our mad Flat Coated Retriever, Charm, covered in her own dog slobber!!

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed and totally blown away by our pictures. You capture are so brilliant and great. The pictures made me wish to be a wild life photographer. Some brilliant shots to see. Thank you from our clipping path service team for sharing such great pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete