Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Saturday 19 November 2016

Bearded Tits, a posing Pied Wagtail and the joys of a miserable Autumn!

Now I love Autumn, it's my favourite season by far with the colours and atmosphere plus the increase in bird activity....however, it can also be wet, dark and miserable! This week has been more of the latter unfortunately, so opportunities for pics have been few and far between.
   Half an hour of sun at Westhay Moor was the highlight, and I managed to photograph a male and female Bearded Tit that were taking the grit on the boardwalk to the Island hide.
   A Pied Wagtail posed by the hide too, singing, preening and catching any flies that passed...it did however turn it's nose up at a passing wasp.... probably a wise move!
  2 Snipe flew past and a Marsh Harrier teased by staying just out of reach for a decent photo, as they always seem to do!
  On another day I met Dick Stewart in the hide, a lovely chap and we both enjoyed watching young Mute Swans exercising their wings and practicing their 'run ups' through the water that lead to take off!
   I photographed a couple of Pheasants near Ilminster and a Buzzard on an old brick wall at Godney.
  Today was miserable again, so photographed some of the birds visiting my garden out my kitchen window. My daughter Emily said she thought she'd seen a Brambling when I had to pop out! Will keep an eye open tomorrow!
 
 Until next time, here are the pics from the last week;










^Above^ - Bearded Tits at Westhay Moor.






















^Above^ - The posing Pied Wagtail at Westhay Moor.



^Above^ - Chiffchaff at Westhay Moor.



^Above^ - Snipe at Westhay Moor.


^Above^ - Hovering Kestrel at Westhay Moor.


^Above^ - Mallard at Westhay Moor.


^Above^ - Wigeon at Westhay Moor.




^Above^ - Female Shoveler at Westhay Moor.


^Above^ - Male Reed Bunting at Westhay Moor.







^Above^ - Young Mute Swans at Westhay Moor.


^Above^ - Male Marsh Harrier at Westhay Moor.


^Above^ - Flock of Lapwing opposite Westhay Moor.




^Above^ - Redwing and Fieldfare (top) Redwing (Middle) and Fieldfare (bottom) at Godney.


^Above^ - Little Egret at Godney.






^Above^ - Buzzard at Godney.


^Above^ - Pheasant near Godney.



^Above^ - Starlings enjoying a bath in a puddle near Westhay.


^Above^ - Cormorant at Ashford reservoir near Cannington, Somerset.







^Above^ - Pheasants near Ilminster.







^Above^ - Female Blackbird enjoying a bath in my Somerset garden.





^Above^ - Chaffinches in my garden.


^Above^ - Coal Tit in my garden.




^Above^ - Goldfinches in my garden.









^Above^ - Starlings in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment