Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Sunday 10 May 2020

April, another month of the coronavirus lockdown, and more bird pictures!

As coronavirus continued to change the way we live, I spent most of the month working from home and photographing the birds visiting my garden. Later in the month I started going for evening lockdown walks around my Somerset Levels village and surrounding countryside. I even found public footpaths that I never even knew existed!
   I really miss my local nature reserve at RSPB Greylake, but these walks gave me my much needed nature and photography fix, and I saw some lovely birds, including Cuckoo, Whitethroat, Green Woodpecker, Red Legged Partridge and Sparrowhawk.

You can buy my '100 Birds' book here;
https://www.carlbovis.com/product-page/100-birds-book

Here are the photos I've taken during April;














 





























^Above^ - Goldfinches













^Above^ - Greenfinches.
































                                                                                     

^Above^ - Blackbirds.























^Above^ -Collared Doves. The bottom one had some kind of illness such as canker, but I'm pleased to report that it recovered! :D






^Above^ - Blue Tits.



^Above^ - Blackcap.









^Above^ - Jackdaws, one chasing a Woodpigeon away in the bottom pic.
































^Above^ - Woodpigeons.


^Above^ - Buzzard.



^Above^ - Great Tits.


^Above^ - House Martin.




















^Above^ - Robins, plus a juvenile one in my garden, bottom 2 pics.


^Above^ - Sand Martin.





^Above^ - Chaffinches.


^Above^ - Starling.












^Above^ - Stock Doves.




^Above^ - Whitethroats.




^Above^ - Green Woodpeckers.



^Above^ - Sparrowhawks.






^Above^ - Mute Swan.



^Above^ - Little Egret.




^Above^ - Reed Buntings.




^Above^ - House Sparrows.



^Above^ - Swallows.



^Above^ - Cuckoo.



^Above^ - Great Spotted Woodpeckers.



^Above^ - Mallards.


^Above^ - Raven with chicken egg!


^Above^ - Dunnock.


^Above^ - Linnet.



^Above^ - Rooks.





^Above^ - Wrens.





^Above^ - Peregrine Falcon being mobbed by a Kestrel above my garden.





^Above^ - Magpies.

 

^Above^ - Long Tailed Tit.


^Above^ - Lesser Black Back Gull.


^Above^ - Red Legged Partridge.


^Above^ - Herring Gull.









^Above^ -Rabbits.


^Above^ - Hoverfly.


^Above^ - Bee Fly.


^ Above^ - Orange Tip Butterflies.


^Above^ - Holly Blue Butterfly.




^Above^ - Calfs.


^Above^ - Cat.




















^Above^ - Sunsets.


^Above^ -Charm!


^Above^ - Singing Blackbird



^Above^ - Another singing Blackbird

2 comments: