Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Thursday 20 December 2018

'Accidental' Blue Tit feet photo becomes my most popular shot ever!!

In the last couple of weeks since my last post I've only had 2 or 3 chances to take bird photo's, mainly in the car-park at RSPB Greylake and of the birds visiting my Somerset garden, but I still managed to take a pic that became my most popular shot ever in terms of reactions on my Twitter and Facebook accounts!
     To date it has 5687 'Likes' on Twitter! :O

The photo in question is of a Blue Tit flying away at Greylake. You could not see the head of the bird at all, and normally that would mean deleting the photo, however the wings were both 'up' and the underneath of both feet were showing clearly, displaying little pads to aid gripping. I thought it was quite an unusual photo, so decided to share it, not expecting much of a reaction to be honest!
    Amazingly it quickly took off, if you'll pardon the pun, and the 'likes', retweets and comments started racking up straight away, with even former politician and cat impressionist George Galloway liking it!

It sometimes amazes me which of my photo's catch the publics imagination, another one of my most popular ones, a bathing Robin, I very nearly didn't post anywhere at all!

Below is the Blue Tit feet pic, plus other shots taken since my last blog.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas!! :D


^Above^ - Blue Tit feet!!


















^Above^ - More Blue Tit pics from RSPB Greylake in Somerset.














^Above^ - Great Tits at RSPB Greylake.


















^Above^ - Chaffinches at RSPB Greylake.


^Above^ - Chaffinch and female House Sparrow at RSPB Greylake.

















^Above^ - House Sparrows at RSPB Greylake.













^Above^ - Starlings at RSPB Greylake.








^Above^ - Reed Buntings at RSPB Greylake.



^Above^ - Robins at RSPB Greylake.










^Above^ - Wrens at RSPB Greylake.













^Above^ - Dunnocks at RSPB Greylake.


^Above^ - Woodpigeon at RSPB Greylake.




^Above^ - Pheasant at Chilton Trinity in Somerset.



^Above^ - Collared Dove at Chilton Trinity.





^Above^ - Robin at Chilton Trinity.


^Above^ - Female Blackbird at Broomfield in Somerset.


^Above^ - Blackcap in my Somerset garden.




^Above^ - Greenfinches in my garden.






^Above^ - Goldfinches in my garden.







^Above^ - Collared Doves in my garden.

2 comments: