Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Sunday 19 March 2017

Siskin in my Somerset garden!

Chances for nature photography have been few and far between in the last 3 weeks, what with work and family commitments...sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day!
   Last week I managed some shots of Spring Lambs which I shared on the blog, but the pics today were all grabbed during brief moments with my camera over the last 3 weeks, as well as some taken in my garden this weekend.
    Early yesterday my daughter Emily Jane called me into the kitchen to ask what the strange bird outside on the feeder was.... it turned out to be a beautiful Male Siskin! The first Siskin I'd seen in my little garden for 10 years! It was spooked by something and flew off, but about an hour later it returned and I got some shots. Beautiful little finch!
 
Below are pics of the Siskin and some other shots I've managed in the last 3 weeks, including Chiffchaff, Reed Bunting, Goldcrest, Wren and Great Spotted Woodpecker;








^Above^ - The beautiful Male Siskin!











^Above^ - Greenfinches in my garden.


^Above^ - Great Tit in my garden.















^Above^ - Goldfinches in my garden.








  ^Above^ - Blackbirds in my garden.







^Above^ - Collared Doves in my garden.



^Above^ - Chaffinches in my garden.




^Above^ - Woodpigeon in my garden.


^Above^ - Starling in my garden.






^Above^ - Mute Swans at Apex Park in Burnham On Sea in Somerset.



^Above^ - Carrion Crow at Apex Park.





^Above^ - Lesser Black Back Gulls at Apex Park.









^Above^ - Herring Gulls at Apex Park.











^Above^ - Mallards at Apex Park.







^Above^ - Black Headed Gulls at Apex Park.


^Above^ - Moorhens at Apex Park.




^Above^ - Woodpigeon at Apex Park.





^Above^ - Blue Tit at Dunwear Ponds near Bridgwater in Somerset.



^Above^ - Singing Dunnock at Dunwear Ponds.



^Above^ - Cormorants at Dunwear Ponds, with Crow in bottom pic.


^Above^ - House Sparrow at Dunwear Ponds.


^Above^ - Chiffchaff at Dunwear Ponds.



^Above^ - Black Headed Gull at Dunwear Ponds.


^Above^ - Signs of Spring at Dunwear Ponds!


^Above^ - Long Tailed Tit at Dunwear Ponds.


^Above^ - Yet another Woodpigeon....this time at Dunwear Ponds.


^Above^ - Female Mallard at Dunwear Ponds.






^Above^ - Little Egrets at RSPB Greylake in Somerset..... with Teal in the bottom pic.



^Above^ - Lapwings at Greylake.


^Above^ - Shoveler at Greylake.


^Above^ - Snipe at Greylake.


^Above^ - Great White Egret at Greylake.






^Above^ - Wigeon at Greylake.







^Above^ - Wren at Greylake.



^Above^ - Male Reed Bunting at Greylake.



^Above^ - Male Chaffinch at Greylake.










^Above^ - Rooks at Radstock in North Somerset.



^Above^ - Canada Geese at Hawkridge reservoir in Somerset.





^Above^ - Goldcrests at Cheddar Reservoir in Somerset.



^Above^ - Chiffchaff at Cheddar reservoir.


^Above^ - Coal Tit at Radstock.


^Above^ - Blackbird at Middlezoy in Somerset.


^Above^ - Robin at Middlezoy.



^Above^ - Great Spotted Woodpecker near Middlezoy.



^Above^ - Roe Deer near Middlezoy.


^Above^ - Woodpigeon near Middlezoy.


^Above^ - Starling at Westonzoyland in Somerset.


^Above^ - Little Egret near Rooksbridge in Somerset.




^Above^ - It's not Spring without Daffodils! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment