Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Sunday 3 June 2018

Red Footed Falcon and Albino House Sparrow.... the rare and the rarest!!

In my village is an Albino House Sparrow!! :D

One of the rarest birds in the world!!!

My 8 year old daughter, Skye Rose, told me about a white Sparrow that she'd seen whilst walking home from the village allotments with her mum earlier in the week, and a couple of days later I also had a message from a village resident telling me about it!
So I went to find and photograph it one evening and assumed it was a rare leucistic bird once I had found it. BBC Springwatch shared my pics of the Sparrow saying it was probably leucistic, which is still very rare!
   However I went to photograph it again last night, in better light, and these pics clearly showed the pink eyes of a true albino!!
One albino Sparrow made the news in Australia 3 years ago, and one made the news in the UK in 2010! That's how rare they are!
  Chris Packham shared my pic clearly showing the pink eye on his Twitter page.

It was a thrill to see and photograph this very rare beauty!

Unfortunately albino birds rarely reach adulthood as they are easy targets for predators and they have poor eyesight to spot danger! I saw 2 Sparrowhawks fly over as I was photographing this special little bird. I hope it survives for as long as possible!

Also since my last post I photographed a rare and beautiful Red Footed Falcon at Isle Brewers in Somerset. This bird really put on a show for the watching birders, hunting mayflies right over our heads! This was only the second Red Footed Falcon I had ever seen, the other one was years ago at the Meare Heath hide at Shapwick nature reserve in Somerset, but that one was way in the distance sat in a tree. This beauty was a delightful performer, and didn't mind it's watching admirers at all!

   Other birds photographed recently was a Cuckoo at RSPB Ham Wall in Somerset, that led me on a merry dance until I finally got the shots I wanted, and some adorable Canada Goose Goslings at Backwell Nature Reserve in North Somerset, that seemed to be in a battle of the cuteness with local Mute Swan cygnets! :)

Below are all the pics since my last blog post, including some insect meacros in my garden!

























^Above^ - The mega rare albino House Sparrow in my home Somerset village!!!!














































^Above^ - The fantastic Red Footed Falcon at Isle Brewers...I couldn't resist taking lots of pics!










^Above^ - Cuckoo at RSPB Ham Wall.



^Above^ -  Great White Egret at Ham Wall.








^Above^ - Long Tailed Tits at Ham Wall.


^Above^ - Pochard at Ham Wall.



^Above^ - Four Spotted Chaser at Ham Wall.



^Above^ - Demoiselle Flies at Ham Wall.



^Above^ - Cormorant at Ham Wall.
















































^Above^ - Canada Goose Goslings at Backwell Lake.








^Above^ - Mute Swan Cygnets at Backwell Lake.







^Above^ - Mute Swan attacking the Canada Goose family! Note how the goslings dive for cover!


^Above^ - The Canada Goose pair at Backwell Lake.


^Above^ - Goldfinch in my Somerset village.



^Above^ - Jackdaws in my Somerset village.




^Above^ - Juvenile Starlings in my village.



^Above^ - Swallows in my village.


^Above^ - Magpie in my village.




















^Above^ - 'Normal' House Sparrows in my village!


^Above^ - Bee on a Bramble flower in my village.


























^Above^ - Bug and Spider macros in my Somerset garden.













^Above^ - Flower macros in my garden!


^Above^ - RSPB Ham Wall.

1 comment:

  1. We offer you the opportunity to get this search engine marketing service performed by our team. Our team will have a detailed visit to your site. He will refer to his mistakes and solve them. We will help you improve your marketing methods.

    ReplyDelete