Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Monday 8 June 2015

Posing Reed Warbler and Cygnet cuteness!

Getting time to post to my blog is difficult sometimes.
The time consuming part is uploading my photo's to the computer and sorting and editing them!
    I'm always clicking away with my camera, but don't always have a chance to post my shots here, so once again I share some of my pictures from the last week or so in one blog post!
   Most shots are taken at random times whilst driving around the Somerset countryside, but the first few were taken during a trip to my local RSPB reserve, Greylake, on the Somerset Levels on sunday.
     Here I was lucky enough to finally get a clear shot of a Reed Warbler, usually little b*ggers to photograph, as they sing loudly, hidden from view, deep in the reeds! Few birds are so aptly named!
  I also saw a family group of Mute Swans. I managed a few shots of the cute Cygnets, despite the Male Swan coming out of the water hissing at one stage, trying to see me off!
 
Below are some pics, including some 'record' shots of my Greylake visit, followed by a variety of shots from the previous few days.

   

                                                                                                                                                                                   
 
   

^Above^ - The posing Reed Warbler.

















^Above^ - The cute Cygnets!





^Above^ - Hobby at Greylake.



^Above^ - Cuckoo at Greylake.


^Above^ - Bittern!!!! Poor record shot, but the first time I've ever seen a Bittern at Greylake! I've heard one booming this Summer, but not seen one til now!




^Above^ - Redshanks at Greylake.


^Above^ - Lapwings seeing off a passing Buzzard at Greylake.


^Above^ - Female Marsh Harrier at Greylake, also getting the Lapwings attention!




^Above^ - Young Coots at Greylake, with parent in bottom pic.





^Above^ - Lapwings at Greylake.


^Above^ - Young Lapwing..... getting bigger all the time!!


^Above^ - Young Blue Tit at Greylake.


^Above^ - Goldfinches at Greylake.


^Above^ - Sedge Warbler at Greylake.


^Above^ - Male Mallard at Greylake.


^Above^ - Baby Moorhens at Greylake.



^Above^ - Male Reed Bunting at Greylake. Taking some kind of bug/chrysalis in the bottom pic!



^Above^ - Record shots of Yellow Wagtails. Greylake is a good place for these scarce Summer visitors, although you rarely get close views!


^Above^ - A water Iris at Greylake. Not sure of their official name!



^Above^ - Kestrel at Chew Valley Lake.


^Above^ - Lesser Black Back Gull dispute at Chew Valley Lake.


^Above^ - Lesser Black Back Gull at Chew Valley Lake.


^Above^ - Female Mallard at Chew Valley Lake.


^Above^ - Posing Cat at Pensford!



^Above^ - Very wet Mistle Thrush at a rainy Pensford!



^Above^ - Male Pheasant at Pensford.

         






^Above^ - Grey Squirrel raiding the bird feeders in my Somerset garden!









^Above^ - Swifts at Chew Valley Lake..... another aptly named bird!!







^Above^ - Buzzards at Kingsbury Episcopi.


^Above^ - Collared Dove at Kingsbury Episcopi.






^Above^ - House Martins at Kingsbury Episcopi.



^Above^ - Jackdaws at Kingsbury Episcopi.



^Above^ - Spotted!!!!  A Roe Deer at Kingsbury Episcopi.









^Above^ - My favourite wild flowers, Poppies, at Cheddar.




^Above^ - Not wild, but still beautiful....Gerberas in my Somerset garden!

Hope you enjoyed the update!

You can follow me on Twitter here;


You can 'Like' my Facebook nature page here;


You can follow me on Flickr here;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92308738@N03/
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment